2nd time Infected in hospital?

Hey There Dr Bob! I hope you are doing well,I know you have been told this many many times,but you are a godsend. You realy put yourself out there to help people like me. Thankyou! I'm a 32 yr old male, I was recently in hospital for severe sepsis, the Dr's never found out what caused my initial infection that presented itself with a headache and fever. Anyway I lived through the multi system organ failure and Phneumonia, I'm back in the gym and doing well, apart from my head (worry). I had an argument with a nurse while I was in there, I was still kinda out of it at the time, I needed a bigger bed pan and she started arguing with me, anyway. I was wondering if it is possible for her to purposely infect me with HIV? Do nurses have access to HIV blood? I tested negative for everything while I was in there, inlcuding HIV-RNA test which was done before I had her taking care of me for two nights. And now I am fixated on the fact that this nurse might have wanted to infect me. She seemed not to like me to much. I have been out of the hospital for 2 months now, yesterday I took an HIV rapid test, it was negative. But as I said, it's only been 2 months. Should I retest in a month? I also have had follow up blood tests, 1 and 4 weeks after discharge, they were just checking that my pancreatic and liver enzymes return to normal, also my blood counts etc. There is no sign of infection anywhere in my body the dr's say. If I contracted HIV in the hospital, would anything show at all in regular blood tests? Please help me Dr Bob, I am driving myself crazy. I have no other risk factors, I have been celebate for almost 2 years now I think. I am afraid of sex, incase I catch something. I wish you and yours the best for the holidays and there after.

Peace

You think Nurse Ratchet would infect you with HIV because you asked for a bigger bed pan????? Dude, what have you been smoking? That's not the way nurses get even with demanding patients. Rather they put your bedpan in the freezer in between uses. Now that's real torture. Some say worse than waterboarding!

Your fears are completely unwarranted. HIV testing is not warranted.

I completely agree with your assessment: ". . . I am driving myself crazy . . . ." Yep! No doubt about that. I would suggest you consider getting some psychological help for your irrational HIV fears as well as your ongoing issues of being "afraid of sex." Stop chasing a disease you could not possibly have and begin addressing your very real medical problem.

Good luck!

Pre-Cum (Magnetic Couple)
KS