WHO-WOOable??? I'm so scared Dr.Bob...

Hello Dr.Bob, I'm sorry about my English because I live outside the US.

I have been reading all your messages and posts and I must say that you are really really helpful, and so does this site. That is why I promise I will donate to your foundation.

My case is the following: 4 months ago, I had a exposure with a sexworker (unprotected vaginal), and I took several tests: 1 month, 2 months and the last one in the 3 month mark. They all were NEGATIVE, so I calmed and thought everything was over.

This was my only exposure, and the status of the sexworker was unknown. After the 3 month negative, I followed the guidelines and I began to have unprotected sex with my girlfriend.

2 weeks after this, she has developed something which is exactly like ARS: headaches, high temperature, sore throat, etc. I am so scared Dr.Bob!!! I thought the 3 month mark was conclusive...and know I feel really worried about this.

Could it be a case of late seroconversion? Do you think that I nedd further testing? Please, I need your help. I will donate, of course, for all the support you give here.

Thank you

Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to three months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Late seroconversion? Nope!

Please note headaches, fever and sore throat are extremely common ailments. The vast, vast, vast majority of these cases have absolutely nothing to do with HIV. And this is exactly the case with your girlfriend's symptoms! She did not contract HIV from you. How do I know that? Because you don't have HIV! No further HIV testing is warranted. However, if you do not believe my reassurances and continue to fixate on HIV, get a repeat rapid HIV test. The results will undoubtedly be negative.

My advice:

1. Level with your girlfriend. This is the best way to confront your guilt and it's the right thing to do.

2. Stop worrying and start WOO-HOOing!

Thank you for your gift to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). Your one gift will touch many lives!

Be well. (You are indeed well!)

Please don't misunderstand my donation
Bless your heart Doc!!