Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Automatic Donations every month(please answer)
Nov 24, 2007

Is their anyway to have money donated automatically from my checking account every month? I have a question as well. After my divorce I was devestated and vow not to have sex until I meet someone special. It lasted 3 years and finally at a party I had sex with a stranger. She put the condom on me and made sure it was on correctly. I thought she was being super safe. After we had sex for a while she finished me off with a hand job which lasted 20 minutes. She told me afterwards that she is a prostitute and that she was clean because she gets tested every 3 months. I freaked I was like OMG!!! I know her being a prostitute does not make her HIV + automatically but my anxiety is killing me. Well its been 7 weeks after this exposure and I been constipated for at times and had diarrhea for 2 weeks. Could that be a sign of early hiv? When I am asleep I feel my stomach grumble(like liquid passing through my stomach)all through the morning. This has been my only sexual exposure in 3 years. What are my chances? if the condom ripped would I have felt it right? I got red bumps on my penis 2 weeks after the exposure and my doctor said it just bumps from friction. Then 4 weeks later I started getting clear discharge from my penis and it burned after I orgasm(just the top of my urethra). I had a Chlymedia probe test and it came out negative. Should I trust these test results? he said its probably irritation. I am loosing it doc...what are my chances of HIV? my mind is killing me I feel my penis dripping but when I go to the restroom theirs nothing. Why would my urethra brun after I cum but not while urinating? how safe is the rubber

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail (break), your HIV risk would be essentially nonexistent. HIV cannot permeate intact latex. No way. No how.

Would you have noticed if the latex condom ripped? Yes. When stretched latex tears it's not a subtle occurrence. Mr. Happy comes poking out just like your head poking out of a turtleneck sweater!

Your chlamydia probe was negative. Should you trust these test results? Absolutely.

I absolutely agree with you when you write ". . . my mind is killing me . . . ." Your problem is psychological, not virological!

I can't diagnose the exact cause of your post-ejaculatory urethral discomfort over the Internet, but if your physician has checked you out and advised it's just irritation and nothing to worry about, I would suggest you believe him. If you continue to perseverate on the possibility of HIV infection, get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. The results will unquestionably be negative. This may be the most efficient and effective way for you to put your irrational HIV fears permanently to rest.

Finally, regarding automatic monthly donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, yes, we can set this up for you. You can write to the foundation at frascinoaidsfound@sbcglobal.net and advise us of your wishes or call directly at 650-917-1357 and we can set that up for you. Thank you, during this period of Thanksgiving celebrations, for remembering those in desperate need. In return I'm sending you my best good-luck/good-health karma!

Be well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Is ARS contagious?
Next
Please don't misunderstand my donation

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.