Nov 21, 2007
can aids be revealed just by getting a regular blood test or must i get an HIV/AIDS test. please reply as soon as im sooooo worried and dont have money 4 an aids test. thank you
Response from Dr. Frascino
"Regular" blood tests do not detect HIV/AIDS. You will need an HIV-specific test to determine if you are HIV positive or not. I don't know where you are writing from, but if you cannot afford and HIV screening test, there may well be a site or city clinic nearby that offers free HIV testing. Try calling your local AIDS service organizations and ask. (Google "AIDS service organizations" and the name of your city or town to get a list of ASOs near by.)
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
- Are People With Hiv Allowed To Work In Health Care?
- Is One Checked For Hiv Before Taking Accutane?
- Could Sore Bump In Armpit Be A Sign Of Hiv
- Does Hiv Show Abnormal Complete Blood Counts?
- Hiv Vaginal Fluid Outside Body
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.