The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

retarded nail biter back for more

Nov 21, 2007

DR BOB help. I need help after my last touching incident I went to another bathouse and I let someone perform oral on me for under 2 minutes before coming to my senses as I was unprotected. I clearly have sexual addictive behavoir. I went to the er and was prescribed pep combivir and sustiva. I saw just saliva no other fluids on my thang. I did masterbate him and had a tiny bit of precum on my hand that was wiped off before masterbating myself. @ am getting ready to tell me wife about my behavoir that seems to be progressing. I see specialist tommorrow is this the correct pep and what else can I do besides pray I haven't wrecked my family and my life?

Response from Dr. Frascino


I would not recommend PEP for this type of potential exposure (insertive oral sex with a partner of unknown HIV serostatus). If you are worried, I single rapid test at the three-month mark is all that is recommended.

I agree you need to level with your wife about your behavior and sexual orientation. I would also suggest you spend some time reviewing the information on this site, in its archives and on its related links pertaining to exactly how HIV is and is not transmitted. Sex should not be anxiety provoking! It's really great fun and essentially worry-free when done right!

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

I think ur going to win the toaster

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint