dr bob how did it happen- worried about you

respected dr bob one of your lover is back again with a question on your health.lately i was reading one of your response in the archives and deeply saddened to hear that you got gripped by pheripheral neuropathy which somehow makes difficult for you to play piano.dr bob i know it is not an easily managed condition(possibly without a complete cure) and living with it is very challenging.so how do you cope up with it.is it something about being optimistic.but whats the use of damn expensive arv drugs which is known to drag the virus to undetecteble levels but ends up with p.neuropathy.and most worrying is the onset of neurological complications despite of undectatable levels of virus.i would like to sign off now by saying that hiv,after terrific advancement of science ,million dollars sponsors and funds on developing new line of hiv drugs ,it still remains a horrible condition which is very difficult to deal either by poor or rich folks. two thumbs up for your optimism and support.hope to see you one day and we are all(neggies and poz) waiting here together for a cure.i will pray for your longitivity.you will not fade away soon.be here with all of us.long standing regards to mr steve. may god bless you in everything you do

one of your lover

Actually I've had peripheral neuropathy for quite some time. It's most likely related to my use of D4T. There are several therapies being tried to help with this problem. (I'm currently trying one of the experimental ones.) As annoying as this or any complication related to HIV or its therapies can be, you'll never hear me complaining. I'm just glad to be here. As far as I'm concerned, "every day above ground is a good day!" I'm still banging away at the 88s, even if it is somewhat more difficult now. We are scheduling several benefit concerts for 2008.

As for how do I cope, well, see the post from the archives below.

Be well. Stay well. Thanks for your support!

I love your smile. Apr 18, 2005

Hey Doc. I had a question to ask you about insertive oral but i have read through the archives enough to realize you have said all you need to say about this. Anyway i couldn't help but wonder how you keep such a great disposition on life. I mean come on dude you seem happy and funny all of the time. I think the main thing i have learned from you is that no matter what happens keep on keeping on and dont let life get you down until your 6 feet under.You have changed my perception of role models from athletes to people who have to face maybe the harshest disease ever. I hope you are around for a long time and continue to let that vivid personality of yours shine.PS i am not gay but you are my man. Holler at your boy>

I see no reason to holler. Rather, I'll just give a quote from George Bernard Shaw that reflects my positive attitude on being positively positive.

"This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one. The being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy . . . . Life is no brief candle for me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations."

-- George Bernard Shaw

Stay well.

I can't take much more worry
Open Wound...Please Please Answer!