I can't take much more worry

Could you please read this even if you dont reply as i know you would reply if you were very concerned and im climbing the walls with anxiety. I'm the guy with erythematous candidiasis, it's now been around 19-20 months on my hard palate - this isn't a worried well imagined symptom, as it has been confirmed by an oral surgeon (specialist), dentist and it used to respond to antifungal lozenges for months but now seems resistant to nystatin and amphotericin - havent yet been put on fluconazole! From the sparse info in the archives the doctor Reznik said he'd never seen a case lasting a year - is 19 months an argument for or against HIV?! It has stung on occasion when drinking beer etc but on the whole hasnt been painful. 2 weeks after i got the EC i developed white permanent ridges all over the floor of my mouth but these disappeared when i stopped smoking; the EC did not.It now doesnt seem to be getting much worse unlike a year ago when it came back rapidly after i stopped the anti-fungals. I had several negative HIV tests to 25 weeks but this condition is so specific and suggestive of HIV in the absence of any of the usual causes of thrush that i am continually terrified - do I have HIV? I need to know your honest opinion please - apart from the thrush i have no other physical problems but i know there is usually a good reason to have oral thrush...

Your several negative HIV tests out to 25 weeks are conclusive and definitive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. OK?

If your current oral surgeon is having difficulty clearing your problem up, I'd suggest you get a second opinion. Your HIV fears are unwarranted. Erythematous candidiasis, if indeed that is what you have, is not "so specific and suggestive of HIV!" There are a whole host of possible underlying conditions that can result in erythematous candidiasis. If you are climbing the walls with anxiety, you may need some help with that problem as well.

Good luck!

Foolish UK guy last question?
dr bob how did it happen- worried about you