The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

cluster of small-stud-like thing under foreskin

Apr 14, 2001

I had a sex with a guy. When I sucked his dick, I found out that he has a cluster of very small stud-like things around the groove of his penis. He said he had been like that since he was kid. The stud thing looks like part of penis, not blister or lump. but never saw that before. I hope that you can explain whether I should have sex with this guy again.

Response from Mr. Kull

Your question is a bit difficult to answer because neither of us have enough information to determine what the growths on his penis are. Many men have small bumps or growths on their penis that are not related to sexually transmitted infections, but may be small cysts or fibrous tissue (which are harmless). If it is true that your partner had these growths since he was a kid, then you probably have nothing to worry about. If you feel at all uncomfortable trusting your partner, then I'd recommend that you use condoms for oral sex. Using a condom for all contact will relieve you of making the more complicated decision of putting your health in his hands.

You can take a look at some pictures of common STDs at "What do the symptoms of STDs look like?" ( These pictures are a bit too graphic for some people, so be prepared.


21 yr daughter/thinks no risk
HIV transmission

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint