I want to know about your future concert

Dear Doctor,

This is Mimi again. Thank you very much for your answer. You gave me peace of mind when you told me that my fear was irrational. Before you answer me, I posted my question one more time, please disregard it.

I just want to tell you some thing briefly. When I was a child, my father used to tell me: I want you to become a great doctor and a great musician. And I used to tell him: Be reasonable dad, these are two very different things, it is not possible. When I read your and Dr. Natterstads biography, I said to myself: It looks like that it is possible!

I admire you for your talent, your courage, your determination and your compassion and of course your sense of humor.

Please tell me about your future concert, I do my best to attend.

Thanks again,

Mimi

Hi Mimi,

Your dad must be a very smart guy! As it turns out, proficiency in music and medicine actually do often go hand-in-hand. Perhaps it has something to do with how the mind functions or the degree of concentration and dedication both disciplines require.

We are in the planning stages for a San Francisco Bay Area concert sometime in 2008. I unfortunately have developed some distal sensory peripheral neuropathy, which makes playing the piano more of a challenge. But looking on the bright side, it also gives me an excellent excuse in case I hit wrong notes. We'll post details of upcoming Concerted Effort AIDS benefit concerts on the foundation's Web site, www.concertedeffort.org.

Stay well Mimi.

Need to have a happy thanksgiving need you wisdom and voice of reason and happy laughter
Real life Dilema!