Help!

I recently had receptive anal sex with a sex worker and the condom broke. I tested for stds (the doctor gave me a pee test and a swab test from my penis). Both came out neg. Would the penis swab test still detect any anal infection? My doctor advised me that it would.

Also, He looked inside my rectum and noticed no tears or anything. WOuld it be safe to assume that the risk would be lower now since there were no visible tears in the rectum.

I know i still have to take an hiv test. Can you recommend any places that do RNA tests in the san francisco bay area?

thanks so much!

A urine and penile swab (OUCHAMAGOUCHA!) test would screen for some STDs, but would not detect some infections in the anal canal or throat, if they were present.

PCR-RNA tests can be ordered by any physician; however, these tests are only useful in certain situations. If you need a more thorough STD screen and/or additional information about HIV PCR-RNA, you could go to the San Francisco City Clinic, an HIV/AIDS specialist or, if you fancy a short drive south, the Frascino Medical Group in Los Altos.

Just MY opinion!
Thanks Doc!