Stuck it where I shouldn't have (resubmitted from the fatigue and anemia forum)

Hey Bob, While on the sauce in Amsterdam I decided to have sex with a prostitute. In retrospect, not one of my finest moments :( I recieved protected oral and vaginal sex. While I didn't thoroughly inspect the condom afterwards it wasn't broken or anything.

Once back home (Sweden) I realized that this isn't good and started to worry about infection. I had negative tests (not sure if it was ELISA but was told the test used checks for antigen and antibodies) at 2, 6, 10 and 13 months. The 13 month test was done at my regular doctors. About a week after I recieved the call from her that I was fine she called again. She said that the university hospital that does the labs sometimes evaluates new methods and reanalyzes tests. My sample had shown up as slighly reactive in one of their tests but there was no cause for concern. I was asked to come back in after 3 weeks and do another test. That test came back negative. I was told that the slighly reactive test was most likely due to analysis error.

I feel that I should be able to let this go after this many tests but I haven't been able to. I'm hoping you can offer some advice on what to do next or just bitch slap me back into reality.

Thanks for your time and a great forum.

PS. I managed to post in the wrong forum at first. Sorry about that.

SLAP!!!!! Sorry if that stung a bit, but you did ask to be bitch-slapped back into reality.

Dude, protected sex is indeed protected, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail. Your HIV risk was essentially nonexistent. Even if you were worried, a single HIV test at the three-month mark is all that should have been needed to put your (unwarranted) worries permanently to rest. Had you followed these basic guidelines, you would never have even found yourself in your current conundrum! Even so there is absolutely no doubt you are HIV negative. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. OK? Your "slighly" reactive test, which on repeat analysis was negative, is of no concern whatsoever. Negative is negative is negative, OK? Now are you ready to let this go or do we need to play out that famous scene in "Moonstruck?" You will be Nicholas Cage; I'll be Cher (of course). I'll bitchslap you while yelling, "snap out of it!!!"

Stay safe. Stay well. And frevinsakes get on with your life!

Another one bites the dust! (You are amazing!)
sex