Take 2 from Australia..Please help!

Hello Doc

Firstly I must say you are a great guy. I have read heaps and heaps of your replies and you make me laugh and i am sure i am not the first person to say that. I would like to meet you one day (if I can ever make it to US)

Now it gets a bit embarrassing. I had a broken latex episode with a sex worker 13 days ago. I believe the total exposure time was 2 mins or so and I came inside her. After pulling I realized that latex is broken and the foreskin was completely open!!! Needless to say I am worried to death for the past 2 or so weeks. I would greatly appreciate if you could please help!!

My personal diary!

Day 1: The doc took the blood sample just to compare it with 90 days results and took urine sample next morning to test for other STDs (gonorrhea etc etc). All the tests came back negative.

Day 2: Got a HEP B vaccine and will continue with the course.

Day 4: I realized couple of red spots on my tool on either sides of the glan when I opened the foreskin of my tool. They came back after 2 days and then again went away. After 2-3 days came back yet again (this time looked more severe) and the thing that freaked my out is this time there is a small swollen patch filled with fluid just above the frenulum (just saw it on wiki) and towards the glans.

Day 12: I went to my doc with the red spots and fluid patch thing and he claimed its a swollen vein and I do not need to worry about it too much as its normal. Plus all these things are minor and can be fixed with pills. So I took an anti biotic (without asking the doc) that night which helped me get rid of the red spots (atleast until now).

I feel sharp itchy pain sometimes on the inside of my tool (which is always between glans and frenulum). I told the Doc as well but he just laughed at it! So I though may be its just my brain tricking me but trust me its real.

Other than that I have not noticed any thing else major going on until now (and hopefully I wont see anything ever).

Day 13: Got the blood result of the sex worker I was with and she is HIV negative (some relief .. her owner dint get other tests done..BASTARD!) . My doc told me about the window period earlier but she is an Australia for close to past 3 months so my personal opinion is its highly unlikely she was having unprotected with anyone (unless of course some broken latex episode like mine)

Even if she got it while in Australia.. Doc can you please tell me what are the chances of an idiot like me getting HIV / HEP C?

* My Doc told me that Hep C cant be transferred easily through sex. Is that true? *What other STDs do I need to watch out for (since now I can only wait and watch, get vaccinated or take pills) *Doc What are the red spots / patch? Why do I get sharp itchy pain?

I am scared to death. Please help me doc! If I come all clean on the other side I promise to donate your foundation $100. Just a very small help to you guys doing a great work!

Hi Aussie,

Taking all the information you provided into account, your overall chances of acquiring HIV or hepatitis C from your vertical mattress mambo sexcapade are negligible at best. Your Naughty Lady of Shady Lane tested negative. The chances she's still in her window period are remote, at best.

Regarding hepatitis C, I agree with your doc: it's not easily transmitted via sex. As for other diseases to "watch out for," I think you are being hypervigilant. Your doc will screen you for STDs as he follows up with your HIV testing. In the interim if you want to read about STDs, just check the archives and the related links. There you'll be able to read about gonorrhea, syphilis, chlamydia, HPV, herpes and a host of others.

Regarding the red spots and sharp itchy pain, I cannot diagnose the cause over the Internet, as I don't have the benefit of your medical file, laboratory results and a physical exam. However, if your doctor examined you for these complaints and advised you they are "normal" and not worrisome, I would assume he's correct. You may well have identified your main problem when you wrote "I'm scared to death." Your level of worry and anxiety over this broken condom incident far exceeds any degree of real risk. At this point the odds are astronomically in your favor that you are well. Yes, you'll still need an HIV/STD screen, but from everything you've written I'm quite confident all will work out well. Continue to peruse the wealth of information in the archives. You should find the testimonials there encouraging and enlightening (and hopefully occasionally amusing as well).

Thanks for your interest in The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my very best good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive HIV/STD tests continue to be negative, OK? So go jump with a kangaroo or cackle with a kookaburra and stop worrying. As they say down under, "she'll be apples."

G'day mate.

masterbation
suture needle