What does it mean?

Dear Dr. Bob,

Lets begin with saying what everybody else says, that you are doing a great job. I hope you will find time to answer my quaestion, but if you dont, offcourse I will understand. So the queastion is concerning oral sex and hiv transmision. It is said that for the insertive partner is very low risk. What does that mean? Does that mean, that in order for transision to take place the receptive partner would have to have visible blood in his mouthe? Or does that mean that there is a theoretical chance, that only saliva would do the job? What makes the diference between kissing and oral sex for the receptive partner? Thank you for your time.

What do you mean "what does that mean"??? The statement oral sex carries a very low risk for HIV transmission is really very self-explanatory! Regarding insertive partners, as with any type of penetrative sex oral, anal or vaginal the receptive partner is at higher risk than the insertive partner. It's biology and pure common sense that the person receiving the load of infected spunk in any orifice is at greater risk than the person doing the spunking.

Finally you ask "what makes the difference between kissing and oral sex for the receptive partner . . . ." Hmm . . . well, the answer seems obvious, but if I have to spell it out, one involves a penis and the other does not. Somehow I doubt that was the intent of your question. As for what makes the difference in HIV-transmission risk between kissing and oral receptive sex, the obvious answer would be a mouth full of baby batter.

I suggest you spend some time reviewing the basic information about HIV transmission that can be easily accessed in the archives of this forum. There are entire sections devoted to oral sex and HIV transmission.

Stay safe. Stay well.

My case is different, wish to hear your answer(2nd try)
aids