HIV infection among youth

I was wondering if you could help me with this question. I know that there are 40000 new HIV infections in the United States every year. Of these, do you know how many occur among people ages 13 to 24 (or some other youth category)?

I need the most updated data possible. Do you know of any websites that could provide me this data as of 2006 or even 2007?

Congreso de Latinos Unidos

Hi Ursula,

Roughly half of the estimated 40,000 new HIV infections that occur in the U.S. annually are in young adults aged 13 to 24. For recent HIV/AIDS statistics for the U.S., check the CDC's Web site.

You're welcome!

God Bless you
Spit or Swallow....Can this really be true