Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I'm so sorry to have to leave but....
Nov 14, 2007

Dr. Bob: It's me. I am writing from Kansas--you may remember my past posts--about miss priss who had issues about abstinence only sex-ed and about HIV testing--why don't people just do it to make sure they know where they're coming from. Remember????

Well I have been a routine reader and have always come back to see what shenanigans you've been up to or rather to see what others have written.

I am so sorry to say goodbye--my agency with who I've been doing HIV prevention services for has declined to re-finance my position for the next year and so after less than a year here I am told to find other work. To leave HIV work and shift gears is hard to do. Pardon the pun: doing this kind of work gets into my blood. You know?

I've learned a lot about HIV and prevention issues; how little time and effort are dedicated to prevention is sad.

Thank you for the effort you have contributed by writing your Ask the Experts column.

Sign me: Looking for employment once again.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention cutbacks in Kansas??? Somehow I'm not surprised. Dubya can rack up over a trillion in his war expenses, but somehow he thinks it's fiscally irresponsible to spend money to give uninsured kids health insurance or fund HIV/AIDS prevention and education programs.

Well, once an HIV/AIDS educator, always an HIV/AIDS educator! No matter what your next job turns out to be, I urge you to continue to spread the message of HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention! Also, you don't have to say goodbye to me. I plan to be here and I'm only a double click away from wherever you wind up, OK? Stop by anytime; you're always welcome here!

Be well. Good luck with your job hunt!

Dr. Bob

Previous
I paid $180 to give myself a handjob!!
Next
PLEASE DR. BOB I PROMISE TO DONATE TO YOUR FOUNDATION

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.