a student of medicine nedd help

hello dr bob,u r a great person and a great doctor,i want to be a doctor like u,i pray 4 ur health every day,please help me .i am a student of medicine in bulgaria,4 weeks ago i went 4 an erotic massage,the girl gave me a protected blow job about 1 min,then start to massage my anus with her finger so light but not inside my anus in the same time protected hand job,after less than 10 min i started to ejaculate,i cheked the condom with water ,no leakage,after 2 weeks i started to have soar throat,malaise,lymphadenopathy under jaws and one in the neck(i have history of sinusitis),its more than 3 weeks that i have these symptoms,i am scared of contracting hiv maybe because of the saliva in her hand or any cut in her hand(i didnt check the hand)she didnt put her fingers inside my anus ,do u thing there is any risk of hiv because of massaging anus with my story,please help me iam so lonely here,i will donate az soon az i receive money from family,god bless u

Hello Bulgarian Medical Student,

The HIV-transmission risk from the activities you describe is nonexistent. Saliva, without the presence of blood, does not transmit HIV. Your worries are completely unwarranted. Testing is not medically warranted. However, if you continue to be worried, get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark to put these residual worries permanently to rest. The result of your test will undoubtedly be negative. I would also suggest you peruse the archives of this forum to learn more about how HIV is and is not transmitted. You should find the information and testimonials there both enlightening and encouraging.

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my good luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative. I'm quite confident it indeed will be negative! Continue to study hard and learn from these experiences. It will help you to help others as you become a physician.

Good luck. Be well.

HIV indeterminate
Miss you!