Unprotected HIV Pos. Sex with many annonymous partners.

I have a friend who has HIV and is having unprotected anal intercourse with at least 10 - 20 partners a month. He claims he is not responsible because he informs his hook-ups of his status. Some with HIV and some without. This friend has been clean from drugs and alcohol for 13 years and claims he is spiritually o.k. with this behaviour. Is this sober behaviour or is he needing some sort of an intervention? Thanks.

Your friend's behavior is reckless and dangerous to both himself (risk of superinfection, other STDs, etc.) and his partners. Personally, I find such actions unconscionable. However, he is correct in stating that he is not totally responsible. It does indeed take two to have unsafe consensual sex. I give him credit for disclosing his HIV status to his partners; however, that doesn't really change the fact that he is placing both himself and these willing partners at risk. Can sex really be satisfying knowing this? I tend to doubt it. Show your friend this post and my response. Perhaps he'll realize sex with a condom can indeed be much more carefree and fulfilling to all involved and it can still be just as hot and passionate.

infection due to spiliage of infected material
Bango Pain