Should I worry?

Dear Dr.Bob, I know you would have answered such queries many times ... please please answer this one too ...

I had sex with a sex worker 2 months back, used condom. But, unfortunately, I touched the outside of the condom and then touched my penis glan after approximately 1 minute. From the next day, I started having burning sensation, tiredness, etc. My doctor tested my urine and suggested gonorheal infection and treated me for it. However, I still have the following symptoms. 1) burning sensation 2) pain in my urinary tract (bladder, tubes, etc.) 3) Itching sensation in the body that created few rashes 4) Dry skin 5)Burning Feet. Please tell me whether this could be HIV. I understand I need to get tested. I am going to do that some time this week. Please please answer as soon as possible, I am scared. After seeing your service, I, whole heartedly, going to donate now ... thanks for the great job ...

Your chance of contracting HIV from the activity you describe is remote to nonexistent. Symptoms that begin "the next day" are not related to HIV/AIDS. Acute Retroviral Syndrome (ARS) symptoms related to HIV primary infection take weeks to become manifest, not days.

Certainly you could have picked up a urethritis of some sort (gonococcal or non-gonococcal) or some other condition (prostatitis, etc.). The symptoms you describe are not suggestive of HIV. If you are worried, get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to three months are not considered to be definitive or conclusive. Follow up with your regular medical doctor for your other complaints. These should be fairly easily handled with proper diagnosis and treatment.

Thank you for your tax-deductible donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. In return I'm sending my good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive HIV test is negative. I'm quite confident it indeed will be.

Stay safe and you'll stay well.

Dr. Bob, please help
Why the lies?????