In the name of God?

Hi Dr Bob.

This is really not an HIV related question but I think you will find it related somehow...

A couple of days ago while reading about safer practices for sex, gay sex to be specific... I found this catholic site (I know what you may be thinking right now) where it stated that "gay sex is not only sinful... but harmful both psycologic and fisically".

They argued about promiscuous behaviour and mental inestability... blah blah. (As if gay men were the only ones depressed in the world!) But the thing is that they had a couple of doctors lined up in this site, saying that long and consistent "anal sex" could cause health complications, and Im not talking about STIs! They started talking about sphincter dilatation, bowel incontinence! and somenthing called the "Queer bowel syndrome"... or something like that. So naturally I got a little scared... I got scared because, although personal statements are not outlined form personal ideology, I do now Medical Doctors have a ethical and moral code to be as objective as possible, so I dont know if not to trust in what this site publishes to the world.

I wanted to know, seeing you as a Gay Medical Doctor (Wow, how cool is that!), in your professional opinion what are the chances of health complications even if you engage in normal (not fisting!)protected gay sexual practices?

I hope no to be a pain in the ass, if you know what I mean...

PD: http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/homosexuality/ho0075.html

You found a Catholic Web site that stated "gay sex is not only sinful . . . but harmful both 'psycologic' and 'fisically'"!!!???!!! Hmm . . . well the quote alone with its comical grade school misspellings speaks volumes about the academic acumen and scholarly reputation of the erudite author.

That you "got a little scared" after reading the nonsense Dr. John Diggs was ranting about is exactly what his intentions are. He wants to scare you straight, so to speak! Diggs is a rightwing religious zealot wingnut who deserves to have his medical license rescinded. He's part of the Massachusetts Physicians Resource Council, a "traditional values" organization with a thinly veiled goal of smearing gays and lesbians. His research is so distortion-ridden that it can only be termed propaganda. I could counter each and every one of his outlandish claims, but why bother? Suffice it to say it's a pure propaganda piece seeking to exploit fears and stereotypes about gays and lesbians. It deserves as much credibility as the Vatican's claims that latex condoms have holes in them that HIV swims right through. Then again what can we expect from folks who still believe in virgin births but not in evolution? I'd stay away from sites like the one you visited for anything other than comic relief. By the way, Dr. Diggs has now been recruited by the extra-chromosome Christians to fight against the morning-after pill using exactly the same ridiculous tactics. Ah, what can I say? Other than so many rightwing religious zealots, so few lions . . . .

Terrified after anonymous hook up
Is this true? Donation info please