Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV sans fever?
Nov 9, 2007

After having been told by a doctor (GP),in December '06, that I had AIDS (merry Christmas to him as well), despite a negative blood test (unsure which test then, but negative Oraquick in June 07 - 6 months after), I have a couple questions:

After 1 year of beating my head against the book stack, I am under the understanding that ARS manifests as fever (96% of the time) accompanied by several other less specific symptoms.

May I then assume that the remaining 4% manifest no symptoms at all?

What do you make of a low body temp? I still chuckle remembering that Dr's reaction to my temperature reading of 96.8 (not a typo, but that is relatively normal for me).

To this day, I am varying around 97, even though I was basically a blood red stripe on the asphalt 5 months ago. For about two weeks after that, my temp had a high peak of 99.1. I assume that was part of the normal healing process and was not relevant to any pathogens I might have picked up from the street dwellers scavenging valuables off of this highway hamburger then.

Furthermore, that Dr. based his "diagnosis" primarily on peripheral neuropathy; which I currently understand, relative to HIV, to be a side effect of some ARVs, or caused by nerve damage at low CD4 counts. Comments, corrections?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

I'll be brief.

1. You are HIV negative.

2. The doctor who diagnosed AIDS, despite a negative blood test, is an idiot who deserves to have his medical license pulled. If he were any dumber, he would need to be watered twice a week.

3. The rest of your questions and concerns are now moot.

Dr. Bob

Previous
2nd time trying for answer
Next
THANKS BOB

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.