desperate

Dr. Bob. I wrote to you on Sept. 26. You told me to test at 3 months to put my worries to rest, based in what I told you. A lot of things happened since then while I'm waiting for the 3 month mark. 1) The sore throat is there and look like a bump in my neck where it hurts. (7 weeks sore throat!) 2) Lymph nodes in my neck and also had posterior cervical two small and left supraclavicular 3) white small oral ulcers (2 or 3) about 3-4mm, and genital ulcer in penis 5mm. 4) Diarrhea for 3 days.

Terrified waiting for 13 weeks. Those symptoms look like ARS, don't they? I'm freaked out!!!

Thank you. ___________________ Original post:

Dear Dr. Frascino, I'm a (very scared now) male, been with a male sex worker. He rimmed me and then I had receptive anal sex. Condom was consistently used and there was no eyaculation. I'm worried about the posibility of saliva entering my rectum and if he had gum disease or something that could rise HIV levels in saliva. Today (17 days after exposure) have been with a very mild sore throat for 5 days, have a few headaches), and 4 days ago reached 98.8 temp. 1. Can be ARS?. 2. I am at risk for HIV? 3. Should I test?

Promise to donate. About that, once I did and received a letter from the foundation, is there a way to ask not to receive it?

Thank you for your help.

1. Your symptoms are not consistent with or suggestive of HIV ARS.

2. There have been no documented cases of HIV transmission from rimming or getting rimmed. Protected sex is "protected," assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail (break).

3. Because you are "very scared now," a rapid HIV test three months after the potential exposure may be the most effective and efficient way to put your residual worries permanently to rest. From what you've written, the results will be negative.

4. Yes, if you do not want to receive an acknowledgement or thank-you letter for your donation, just include a note with your donation or drop us an email at the foundation (frascinoaidsfound@sbcglobal.net) advising us of your wishes and we'll be happy to comply.

_____________________

Hello Desperate,

My assessment and advice remain completely unchanged! The only thing I would add is that if you've had a sore throat for seven weeks and a genital ulcer, you should have your doctor check you out. In particular a general STD screen should be performed.

2 second "dip" - what are the chances?
2nd time trying for answer