Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

2 second "dip" - what are the chances?
Nov 9, 2007

Hi,

I got a massage a week ago. The masseur ended by straddling me (he was naked) on the table and jerking me off. Before I came, and without asking, he lifted himself up and slid his rectum over my penis - it happened, literally in an instant. I made him get off immediately. I was inside him, half way for about 2 seconds at most. I immediately ejaculated on my stomach, then ejaculated again. I asked him his HIV status and he told me he was positive. I then asked him if he had any STDs and he said that he had no STDs and was healthy and that his viral load had been at undetectable levels for a couple of years. I then went to the shower, urinated and washed with soap and water. I am circumcized, HIV NEGATIVE and healthy. I went to the San Francisco city clinic to discuss PEP treatment. After talking to a nurse practioner and a nurse, they seemed to be sending me many signals that the risk was low enough that it might not be necessary for PEP. I decided against the PEP treatment and now I wish that I hadn't. I know the chances are 5 in 10,000 for an insertive partner in prolonged intercourse, but what are the chances of me acquiring HIV in this instance? I am incredibly scared and this is now occupying my thoughts all the time. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Todd

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Todd,

There are no exact statistical risk estimates for a two-second dip. Needless to say, since your exposure was so incredibly brief, your risk would be significantly mitigated. However, since there was some unprotected backdoor action with a confirmed positive backdoor, HIV testing is indeed warranted. Excessive worrying is not.

Good luck Todd.

Dr. Bob

Previous
blood in the eye, third time, please answer
Next
desperate

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.