Donation made , I need you help

Hello Dr. Bob

I am tottally scared and I have this depression because I think I destroyed my life and my family, I went to s strip club the other day , and I gave afrench kiss to one of the girls, my issue is that when I brush my teeth sometimes in a small part of my gum BLEEDS, and I am coneçcerned that I could get something like HIV, is this possible? because I have been feeling TERRIBLE the last month psicologically,

I would appreciate very much you answer , because I can not sleep because of this

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

I see no reason for you to be "coneccerned." Your HIV risk from giving a stripper a French kiss is essentially nonexistent, even if "a small part of (your) gum bleeds" when you brush your teeth!

You report "I have been feeling TERRIBLE the last month 'psicologically.'" I agree your problem is psychological, not virological! Your fears of being HIV infected are completely unwarranted and irrational. Your depression is related to these irrational fears and guilt. My advice is simple. If you are worried, get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative, but this may be the best way to put your fears permanently to rest. I also suggest, if you haven't already done so, that you level with your wife to confront your guilt feelings. If your depressive feelings don't lift, you'll need to consult a counselor.

Thanks for your donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your three-month HIV test will be negative. I'm very confident it indeed will be. Just remember the lyrics to that old song: "A kiss is just a kiss, as time goes by . . . ." OK?

Not quite Bionic
Need your help Doc!