ear wax, infectious?

Doc , I looked in the archives, and did not find this scenario. I work in a doctors office, and I was cleaning something over a sink, water hit a little container that was in the sink, then bounced up and splashed me in the face. I know that the doctor had just cleaned someones ears, and the container had dirty water with ear cerumen from that - I did not see blood. I told the doctor, he laughed and said not to worry. Doctor Bob, can I get anything from this dirty water/ear wax liquid? Please help.

Somehow I'm not too surprised you didn't find this information in the archives. I do believe you are the first one to ever ask me about the infectious properties of earwax. No, my dear, earwax is not infectious and before someone else begins to worry, I should also mention that bellybutton lint and toe jam are also not a threat, OK?

PEP duration from needlestick
Not quite Bionic