Message to all

Dr Bob,

First let me thank you for all the support you give us. You are a wonderful inspiration. Now let me say thisWOOHOO!!!!!!!! My test is back and I am negative (4.5 months, long enough correct?). Here is the story behind the Woo Hoo. I have been married 18 years and was faithful even though I went to Thailand twice and I was so proud of that. I went to Thailand for the third time. I met this Thai girl at a bar and we hit it off real well. No sex initially. I thought about it and broke it off and nothing happened. But right before I left she asked me to dinner. Like an idiot I went. After dinner we went to a bar and got drunk. We ended up in my room and she asked if I had a condom. I said no. (I did not have one because I never expected to be in this situation) She did not want to continue, but me being drunk, I insisted. Boy am I stupid, in Thailand of all places. Anyway, that was my only exposure. So, for the next 4.5 months I was in a living hell. ALL I thought of was HIV. My family did not know what was bothering me but they always would say I was so different. I did not have every symptom in the book, but every stuffy nose, bump, sore, sweat, rash, pimple, anything, I thought it could be HIV. I searched the Internet every day looking for symptoms. I convinced myself I could have some of them. Like they say here, dont look for symptoms. I looked and I found symptoms that matched ARS (But also matched a zillion other causes). Symptoms are not an accurate indicator of HIV status nor is a lack of symptoms. I came so close to losing my mind. I finally got tested and while I waited for the results, I had all the ways to lie about how I got infected planned out in my head so I would not lose my wife and family. Pretty cowardly I know, but Im telling you this so the readers understand what you go through when you do so something this stupid. I have it all with a wonderful family and I almost gave it all up for one stupid drunken night. To everyone reading: Be happy with the partner you have. The grass is not greener on the other side and what you think you are craving is not worth it and not any better. My wife is 100 times better in bed and is much more gratifying than the person I spent the night with. But if you find yourself on a business trip, or just out drinking, carry a condom just in case. You never know. Really you dont. I was sure I could resist but here I am typing thisAlcohol really impairs your judgment so prepare yourself while you are sober. You may regret what you did and live with a lot of guilt but you wont go through 3 months or more of living hell worrying about HIV. So whoever reads this, please pass to you friends. They need to read this. They may not be worried about HIV now but if they are not careful, they will be. Thanks again to all at The Body and lets also keep all those infected and not lucky enough to Woo Hoo in our thoughts

Thank you Michael

Hello Michael,

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your story and newfound insights. Thanks also for mentioning those of us "not lucky enough to WOO-HOO." We appreciate it.

Be well. Stay well. I'm sure you will.

marijauan use
Failed attempted at safe sex with a lady. Please help?