Back Again: Oraquick Results Way Too Fast

Hi Dr. Bob.

You said in a fabulous response to a previous message of mine that you strongly suspected I was HIV negative. I just had an Oraquick test this morning that indeed came back negative. My only issue is that the tester really only waited about 5 minutes before she gave me the result. Also, my mouth was quite dry when I did the test--the swab barely got wet. Also, I used mouthwash this morning.

I'm in my 6th month post-potential-exposure. Should I go get a blood HIV test to double check?

Thanx times 100 billion. I don't care if it's weird to say--I love you Dr. Bob! LOL!

The morning mouthwash? No problem.

Dry mouth? Also, no problem. If the swab didn't collect enough oral fluid the control line would not develop and we would know the test was invalid.

The five-minute result? Well, OraQuick oral fluid tests should take 20 minutes. Should you get an HIV blood test to double check? That's up to you. You could just repeat the OraQuick and advise the tester to wait the full 20 minutes per the instructions. Either way, the results will undoubtedly be negative and you'll be WOO-HOOing like a banshee in heat.

By the way, it's not weird to say "I love you Dr. Bob." It's hot! (If I convert five straight boys this month, I'll win the toaster oven!)

are latex "pants" safe?
marijauan use