help a soldier in iraq

I recently went to Africa on my two weeks break from Iraq and had unprotected sex with a female. this was dumb. about three weeks ago I started feel burning sensation in my nose, mouth and throat. I instantly thought HIV and check online. Sore throat is one of the symptoms. got me even more worry. The snesation has lasted for over three weeks now and sometimes subside but reemerges during the course of the night. As you can expect I am worry sick. I cannot take a test b/c I am located on a outpost in baghdad. can I get my hands on self administer home kit?

Hello Soldier in Iraq,

Yep, unprotected sex in Africa would indeed qualify as a massive lapse in judgment. What you need is an HIV test at the three-month mark. Tests taken prior to three months are not considered to be conclusive. Your "symptoms" are not worrisome for or suggestive of HIV ARS (acute retroviral syndrome); however, you should still get HIV tested at the three-month mark, OK? I have no information about home test kits in Iraq. Hopefully by the time your window period (three months) is up you'll be stationed at a more reasonable place that will allow for HIV screening. It's a simple 20-minute test.

Good luck. Come home soon and safe, OK? Thank you for your efforts in Iraq on our behalf.

Should I Start New Life !!
freaked out pianist - $100 donation made