Please Help

Hello doctor and thank you for the wonderful site. You have been really helpful. I would love to donate and will do so ASAP. I have been expereincing problems in my life and hope you help me out.

Recently i went to a brothel in australia ( here its legal ) .. I had protected sex. Though I am not sure whether it broke because I was a virgin and dint know much about the usage. I know its the worst thing i have done in life and I am feeling really guilty because of it. I ejaculated inside her. Now after a week , i started getting headche. Doctors told me it is because of anxeity and stress because I was really really scared that time and was in high state of depression. They said not to worry because it is a tension stress. Then i got a lump on my head. It is like 1cm tall. I don't think it is swollen. Later sometime i got numbness in my leg and hand and neck pain. Now i got really scared when i got neck pain because ppl do get them when the become infected. I asked the brothel and they assured me that the ladies are rugularly tested and safe sex is compulsory. But who knows if the condom might have broken. Well now after 3-4 weeks head ache has gone lump is getting smaller. But numbness and neck pain still persists. Pls advise about neck pain. I spoke to my doctor the 3rd week after going to brothel and he said 99% i don't have it but still to be assured he asked me to do a HIV and herpes test. Both test came negative . But that was after 3 weeks and not 3 months. Please kindly advise , this is really affecting my social life. Waiting for your reply eagerly. Thanking you.

If a condom breaks, it is not a subtle occurrence. Mr. Happy's head comes poking out the top of the condom, just like your head pokes out the top of a turtleneck sweater ( or as they say down under, a turtleneck jumper). Consequently, I'm confident you would have noticed, even if you are inexperienced using condoms.

Regarding your "symptoms," they are indeed much more consistent with anxiety than with HIV ARS (acute retroviral syndrome).

As for your testing, a negative test at three weeks is encouraging, but not definitive. You'll need to wait until the three-month mark for a conclusive result. However, based on the information provided, I have no doubt your results will indeed be negative.

Thanks for your kind words and desire to make a donation to the Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my best good-luck karma that your definitive HIV test is negative. While waiting for the good news and an Australian WOO-HOO, I'd suggest you spend some time reviewing the wealth of information on this site, in its archives and on its related links pertaining to exactly how HIV is and is not transmitted. You can also review proper condom-use techniques. Try practicing on a banana!

Stay well. Pet a koala for me. OK?

RAPID TESTS - Are they correct?
couple with AIDS