Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

please read
Nov 4, 2007

Something very sketchy just happend to me yesterday at a testing clinic. The tester was very mean. I don't know if she was having a bad day or what. She went to go get the testing supplies and when she came back, she proceeded to perform the test. She took out an ccu-Chek Safe-T-Pro Lancet, and when she took it out, I could hear a raddling noise inside the lancet. Now from my experience that means that the blade has already been pushed out once. Why it was possibly reused, I don't know. I would appreciate your thoughts on the matter, I know that you have addressed similar messages but I think I'm the first with actual evidence of a reused lancet. Thanks for time Doc.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Sorry Charlie, but having a "very mean" tester and hearing a "raddling" noise (raddling????? ) inside the lancet do not constitute "actual evidence of a reused lancet." To suggest it does is, um, "sketchy." Your fears are unwarranted.

Dr. Bob

Previous
couple has AIDS
Next
I LOVE YOU DR. BOB!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.