The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV survival question

Nov 2, 2007

Let's say someone infected with HIV had a pornographic magazine and got some semen on it. If the semen was dry, and someone else came along looking at the magazine, licking their fingers to turn the page, could they be infected?

Response from Dr. Frascino


You're worried about getting HIV from a used porno magazine???? Oh my, my, my . . . . Let me guess, you were either home schooled or a victim of Dubya's anti-science, abstinence-only sex education program, right? Yeah, I thought so. Relax horn dog, you cannot contract a sexually transmitted disease by looking at sexy pictures of other people having sex, even if the previous owner of your copy of Clitty Clitty Gang Bang was spunked by the entire extra-chromosome GOP contingent pushing a constitutional amendment to "protect marriage!" (Needless to say, the magazine would be jizzed to the max!)

To address your other concern licking your fingers after they touched dried spunk relax Max. HIV, even if it was present, would not be reactivated by spit. So enjoy your porno without concern, OK? This activity definitely qualifies as safe sex. However, I do think you should also spend some time reading through the information on this site related to exactly how HIV is and is not transmitted, because if you're this worried about a crusty magazine, I shudder to think what would happen if you actually touched a live Homo sapien.

Dr. Bob

fear of hiv
couple has AIDS

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint