Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Your Opinion, Somewhat Worried.
Nov 2, 2007

Hi Doctor:

I've been reading through your forums and find them facinating. You seem to give people very straight no BS answers, I like your style of writing as you don't seem to hold back, it's awesome that there are people like you in the world that are willing to share you knowledge with the rest of us. Anyways here is my question, one crazy night + a few drinks caused me to decide that it would be a good idea to get a sexworker, needless to say I have learnt my lesson and it was the worst mistake of my life.

Here's the funny part, i was soooo drunk during the act that i couldn't even get a hard on, I think I inserted my penis into her vagina twice for a few thrusts but since I couldn't get a hard-on I eventually stopped (I had to change my condom a couple of times because it wouldn't stay on properly, my penis would get somewhat hard then lose it so like 10 minutes later before trying again I would switch condoms, I went through 3). I had protected sex with this person, and she seemed very clean, in fact i wanted to play with her clit and she first checked my fingers and my fingernails which leads me to believe that she was educated enough to know the risks, needless to say she would not have intercourse with me without a condom, oral sex was very brief at best (no more than 5-10 seconds), i pulled away, there was no anal intercourse, no kissing, and nothing was done unprotected.

I realize that it's hard for you to give a 100% determination but in your opinion, what do you think? Should I genuinely be worried?

It's been about 3 weeks I haven't had any type of symptom except for some stress from thinking about things, but I would like to know what your thoughts on the matter are?

Thank you kindly for your time.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

Thanks for your kind comments.

Should you be "genuinely worried?" No, I don't think you should be worried, genuinely or otherwise. Protected sex (or protected attempted sex) is indeed protected, assuming the latex condom was used properly and didn't fail. Oral sex carries an extremely low risk for possible HIV transmission. If you are worried, get a single HIV test at the three-month mark. The results will undoubtedly be negative, but this may be the most effective and efficient way to put your unwarranted worries permanently to rest.

Stay safe and you'll stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Donation made - Oral with a stripper - worried!
Next
This woman has to be crazy or evil?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.