Is my Family at Risk From a Possible Contaminated Water Supply???

Good Day Doc,

I live in a rural area and we do not have constant running water as a result when we have water lockoffs (which is frequent) we resort to using stored water in a tank on top of our house.

We had a break-in a few days ago and the upon investigation the police found that someone was living on our roof (perhaps for 3 days) and found the lock for the tank cover ripped off.

We live in the country and there are a lot of hiv+ persons in the nearby community and I am wondering if this this guy could have somehow contaminated the tank by dipping his hand in the tank while he had an open wound and this on the assumption he may be hiv+.

Hypothetically speaking, if this guy did somehow infect the tank water is my family doomed? I know they say the virus don't live too long outside of the body but this is a water tank and the water is not necessarily freshly treated water and the temperature in the tank is quiet hot during the day and I was wondering if this would be a factor to consider?

Looking forward to seeing a response from you Doc.

Many thanks.

You live in an area so rural you don't even have consistent running water and yet there is a community nearby with a lot of HIV-positive persons??? Hmmm . . . I'm having a difficult time figuring out where such a place might exist, but OK, never mind.

Even if your roof dweller was HIV positive, happened to have a hand wound that was openly bleeding and dipped his hand in your supplemental water tank and then your family drank the water, no, they would not be doomed! Not only does HIV not live outside the body, but the dilutional effect of the water in the tank would negate any risk. OK?

No HIV in 8 years (DELTA 32)
Donation made - Oral with a stripper - worried!