|money well spent
Oct 30, 2007
You liberals just don't get it. Vice President Cheney knows what's good for this country and the money spent in Iraq is money well spent. You seem to think everyone needs a therapist.... well maybe you're the one who's nuts.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Bill? Bill O'Reilly? Is that you again? I no longer think Darth, I mean Cheney, needs a therapist. What he really needs is an Exorcist.
Here are a few numbers I'm sure you'll never use on your spin-shellacked No Spin Zone.
The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office estimated that the war in Iraq will cost at least $1 trillion and that's assuming we reduce US forces in the region from 190,000 to 30,000 by 2010. Just so you know, $1 trillion is equivalent to one of the following:
1. Fifty-three years of federal health care, housing assistance, substance abuse prevention and disease research for an HIV/AIDS cure (from 2007 federal budget figures).
2. Sixty-six times the amount needed to rebuild all the damaged New Orleans levees (from numbers provided by the Army Corps of Engineers).
3. Eighty-one years of funding for the recently vetoed State Children's Health Insurance Program a bill that would have covered every American child not insured privately or by Medicaid.
4. Three thousand miles of subway expansion in Los Angeles, the nation's most polluted city.
Bill, to say that "you're losing it" would imply you had it to begin with and I seriously doubt you did. So Bill, as Glinda the Good Witch said to the Wicked Witch of the West, "Be gone. You have no power here!"
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Much Has The U.s. Spent On The Cure For Hiv?
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Chest Cold?
- Can You Get HIV From Touching An Open Scab?
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dark Bumps After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.