Something to think about regarding ARS (PRIMARY INFECTION, NO ARS SYMPTOMS)

Hi Dr. Bob!

HIV Rookie here again (am I still a rookie 3 months after diagnosis?). Anyways, I continually find comfort, reassurance, and laughter on your site. I don't really have a question, but thought that I would write and you could post this to help other people with questions if you think it will help.

I see all of the questions about ARS posted on here. People listing out long strings of symptoms "post exposure". Inevitably, they write back 2-3 months later with their negative results. Here is some food for thought: I'm relatively new in infection (HIV Specialist told me), and I NEVER had ANY symptoms of ARS. None, zilch, zero, nada. So, it just goes to show, like you always say, symptoms are a poor indicator of HIV status. I encourage everyone to get tested if they have concerns or "symptoms". Of course I'm not happy about being HIV positive, but I am EXTREMELY happy that I found out when I did and eliminated the risk of further spreading the infection!

Much thanks for all you do, I know that there is a special place in Heaven/The Afterlife/The Universe for you! Wishing you all the best!

-HIV Rookie

Hello HIV Rookie,

Considering I've been "virally enhanced" since January 1991, yes, your three months and counting does indeed still qualify as rookie status in my book. Thank you for writing in and vividly demonstrating with your real life experience something I have written about numerous times. Firsthand testimonials like yours are often much more effective in conveying a basic concept than my ATNC (Answers That Never Change) to QTND (Questions That Never Die). So, Rookie, you and I should be a team like Batman and Robin or Butch and Sundance or Cheney and Darth Vader . . . OK, skip that last one, but as a team we could be an information dynamic duo educating the masses that the reason to be HIV tested is a potential exposure, not whether or not you have "symptoms!" So what do you say, Batboy? You ready to dress up in a spandex superhero outfit and spread truth and common sense to the worried wells of the world?

WONDERFUL BOB!!!, if you can hear me out of the crowd
Troubled Marrige