WONDERFUL BOB!!!, if you can hear me out of the crowd

Hi DR BOB,

Thanks for hearing me out of the crowd. You are a great DR with great sex life & sex knowledged. I have a question about folliculitis & HIV. I have protected oral & vagina sexual intercourse with a sex worker (Unknown HIV status) and right after that I notice I got a fresh burst what know to be folliculitis at the pubic region. If there is a vagina fluids in contact would this causes HIV infection? What will be the chances to get infected with in such scenario?

I promise you a donation as soon as I received my year end bonuses.

Generally speaking, "protected" sex would indeed be protected, assuming the latex condom was used properly and did not fail. Theoretically there would be a risk if HIV-infected fluids came in significant contact with non-intact skin. Whether your bout of folliculitis qualifies for non-intact skin, I would have no way of knowing without examining you. However, all things considered, I would place your HIV-acquisition risk in the very low to negligible range. Certainly if you are worried, get a single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark. The odds are all in your favor that you did not contract HIV from the episode you describe. Thanks for your desire to make a tax-deductible gift to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org). In return I'm sending you my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month HIV test is negative. I strongly believe it will indeed be negative.

iffy condom? donation
Something to think about regarding ARS (PRIMARY INFECTION, NO ARS SYMPTOMS)