status of homosexual men?

Hi, I am a 20 year old college student. I am aslo bisexual myself. Anyway, someone told me that gay men make-up 73% of new hiv infections every year, and that one out of two gay men carry hiv. Is this true?

In the United States, it is true that approximately 70% of new HIV infections were attributed to MSM (men who have sex with men). However, it is not true that 50% of gay men in the USA are HIV positive. Also, please note the demographics of the pandemic are quite different in other parts of the world. Globally 5-10% of HIV infections are attributed to MSM; 66% are caused by sex between men and women. The reality of the situation is that HIV doesn't really know or care if you're gay, straight, bi or closeted Republican hypocrite.

Stay safe and you'll stay well, even if you like having sex in airport men's room stalls, like Senator Larry Craig.

Expired Condoms
January 20, 2008.