Expired Condoms

I had sex with my girlfried for the first time and we used a condom. Later I found out that the condom expired in 2005 and now I'm really worried. What happens when a condom expires?

You had sex with your "girlfried" and later noticed the condom expired in 2005??? (Now I can understand your desire to get your girl hot, but "fried"?) As for the 2005 condoms, WOWZA! you and "girlfried" don't get it on much, now do you?!? Or maybe you were being frugal and decided to shop at Costco and got suckered into buying the cost-effective condom multi-pack containing 5,000 gold-pack Magnums!?! But really, dude, do you think a geek like you, who can't even spell girlfriend properly, is going to get that lucky that often? Oh, never mind. As far as what happens when condoms expire, well, aside from the owner getting depressed because he couldn't manage to get laid within the several-year time span from purchase to expiration date, the latex of an expired condom can begin to lose its integrity and become more likely to fail (break). But apparently that unfortunate occurrence didn't happen in your case, so you can relax. Your worries are unwarranted. I would, however, discard any other outdated condoms that might be in your bedroom goody drawer and maybe forego the economical multi-packs in the future. When you decide to have sex again (in the year 2010?) you should buy some fresh ones. OK?

Stay safe. Stay well. Stop worrying.

Stay or Go?
status of homosexual men?