Testing help

Dear Dr Bob

I live in UAE(united arab emirates) and recently has had a risky exposure to hiv. I want to get tested for HIV. My problem is that HIV is a taboo in this country and I worry about the information being passed to authorities and them deporting me out of the country as I am an expatriate worker.

Even by chance do you have any contacts here that I can approach to get tested confidentialy.

Many thanks

Worried man

Hi Worried Man,

Unfortunately I do not! I'd suggest you contact the local AIDS service organization anonymously and ask if there are any confidential/anonymous testing sites in the UAE. If not, perhaps it's time for a quick vacation to a more enlightened destination??? I remain disappointed that Dubai continues to have such unenlightened discriminatory attitudes toward HIV/AIDS. This only leads to increased stigma, fear and ignorance, which in and of itself worsens the pandemic and its consequences. I suggest whatever your status turns out to be that you do whatever you can to bring HIV out of the shadows in Dubai. Change occurs when we demand it!

using one condom for oral and vaginal ok?
MAJOR ISSUE SIMLE EXPLANATION NEEDED