PLease Answer: Unique ARS Question

Hi Doc I have a simple question (I hope). I am clear regarding the stats of contracting HIV for the various types of behavior listed in your forum, but I have a question that is bothering me. My questions is: Are ear infections among the symptoms of ARS? I have had one for over 2 weeks and despite being on antibiotics, it does not seem any better? Is this worrisome for ARS?

I will be making a donation to your cause.

Thanks

No, a two-week ear infection is not worrisome for HIV or suggestive of ARS (acute retroviral syndrome). Please note symptoms, even those that could be suggestive of ARS, are notoriously unreliable in predicting who is and is not HIV infected. The bottom line remains: if you have placed yourself at risk for HIV you need to be HIV tested at the three-month mark whether you are symptom free or have "every symptoms in the book!" It really is just that straightforward.

Thanks for you donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Good luck! Be well.

When should I test?
Mistake of My Life