When should I test?

My ex boyfriend recently told me he was positive. We were together for over 2 years and we did not use condoms.

I currently have just started a new job and my health care coverage does not begin for another month. Should I wait for this to start before I get tested?

Thanks for your advice.

Certainly it would be preferable to have your health coverage in place if possible. Although in general, I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone risk their health waiting for health insurance to kick in! However, in your specific case if you are feeling well, I see no harm in waiting the extra month. Ultimately you'll need HIV testing out to six months from your last unprotected sexual exposure with your positive ex. You can read more about "HIV Testing Basics" by reviewing the information in the chapter of that title, which can be easily accessed on The Body's homepage under Quick Links.

Good luck. I'm here if you need me, OK?

I Stay Sane Because of You. Thank You. Please Read.
PLease Answer: Unique ARS Question