Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I Stay Sane Because of You. Thank You. Please Read.
Oct 28, 2007

You have not been able to answer any of my questions thus far. I completely understand.

I am writing today though to tell you that even with the prospect of me being HIV positive, reading about you and reading your other responses to other people here gives me so much hope. You are so funny and amazing! I don't really have anyone to talk to about what I'm going through, so reading here really helps. You are one of my biggest inspirations. I feel like you've changed my outlook on life. You are a wonderful person. The internet is so impersonal but I'm hoping with every ounce of my being that you really understand how important you are to all of your readers. I hope this isn't weird to say, but you've made my life better. I am a 19-year-old female in college, struggling through midterm stress, legal issue stress, and this HIV question. It is so hard to feel the light-hearted moments or the moments of hope anymore, but you actually give me those with the work that you do here. From the bottom of my heart, thank you so truly Dr. Bob.

I am completely broke right now but if the sun ever starts to shine again I will surely remember your foundation as I am so indebted to you for your amazing help.

You, this site, this forum, your work, help me make it through the day.

Sincerely,

-Trying

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Trying,

Thanks for your kind comments. In return I'm sending my best good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive HIV tests are negative. (I strongly suspect they will indeed be negative.) Good luck with the legal issues and midterms as well. At 19, life really shouldn't be so stressful. Lighten up and smell the Starbucks, OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
giving oral sex to my fiancee
Next
When should I test?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.