I Stay Sane Because of You. Thank You. Please Read.

You have not been able to answer any of my questions thus far. I completely understand.

I am writing today though to tell you that even with the prospect of me being HIV positive, reading about you and reading your other responses to other people here gives me so much hope. You are so funny and amazing! I don't really have anyone to talk to about what I'm going through, so reading here really helps. You are one of my biggest inspirations. I feel like you've changed my outlook on life. You are a wonderful person. The internet is so impersonal but I'm hoping with every ounce of my being that you really understand how important you are to all of your readers. I hope this isn't weird to say, but you've made my life better. I am a 19-year-old female in college, struggling through midterm stress, legal issue stress, and this HIV question. It is so hard to feel the light-hearted moments or the moments of hope anymore, but you actually give me those with the work that you do here. From the bottom of my heart, thank you so truly Dr. Bob.

I am completely broke right now but if the sun ever starts to shine again I will surely remember your foundation as I am so indebted to you for your amazing help.

You, this site, this forum, your work, help me make it through the day.

Sincerely,

-Trying

Hi Trying,

Thanks for your kind comments. In return I'm sending my best good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive HIV tests are negative. (I strongly suspect they will indeed be negative.) Good luck with the legal issues and midterms as well. At 19, life really shouldn't be so stressful. Lighten up and smell the Starbucks, OK?

giving oral sex to my fiancee
When should I test?