He just found out and is scared to infect me

I made a guy about almost two years ago. we hit it off great but we both were in relationships with other people. We reconnected a year later and started talking again. We decide we want to date each other but he just found out that he turned positive. He doesnt know what to do about us because his greatest fear is infecting me, to the point where he says he would take his own life.

I dont know what to do , I dont know what to say or even begin. I know its something that he needs to get over on his own. Can you help me with some tips i can do to point him on the right path. I still want to be with him but he is just unsure with himself and he doesnt know what to do about us.

Hopefully your potential Mr. Happily Ever After is seeing an HIV specialist. If not, encourage him to do so without delay. Testing positive is a shock and a period of adjustment to this new reality is to be expected. Hopefully his HIV specialist can help. Also encourage him to learn more about HIV/AIDS in general. You can offer to learn right along with him. A great place to start is right here on this Web site. Check out the Quick Links section on The Body's homepage. There is a whole chapter titled "Just Diagnosed" that he should find enlightening and encouraging. In addition there are chapters on "HIV Medications" and "HIV Monitoring Tests."

Regarding your possible relationship together, I'd suggest you both read the section on "Magnetic Couples" in the archives of this forum. Perhaps it will help your potential Mr. Right to know that I'm HIV positive and have been involved in a very successful magnetic relationship with Steve (Dr. Steve, the expert in The Body's Tratamientos forum) for 14 years and counting! You can read more about our story in the archives.

Good luck to you both. I'm here if you need me, OK?

HIV vs AIDS??? (DEFINITION HIV VERSUS AIDS)
giving oral sex to my fiancee