+ young male does not want relationships

I have recently learned that a friend of mine is positive. He says that he can never have a relationship because he can't have sex, so "there is no point." I don't think a person should have to feel this way. Is this a common attitude? What can I do to help him?

Your friend sounds depressed and is not handling his diagnosis very well. If he's only recently been diagnosed, this attitude is indeed common and a period of adjustment is to be expected. HIV can make even a sex god feel that his touch is toxic. Of course that is not the reality of the situation. Encourage your buddy to check out this site. You can tell him I'm HIV positive and I certainly haven't given up sex or my relationship. There's a wealth of information on this site, in the archives and at the related links that he may find helpful. He might also benefit from getting involved with HIV support groups or one-on-one counseling. There can indeed be life, love and hot sex after HIV infection, even if he has difficulty believing it at the moment.

scared scared scared....pcr @ 14 days ?
Really scared Dr. Bob