condom break 1

Good morning Dr. Frascino, my boyfriend is hiv positive and I'm hiv negative, he was just diagnosed last week and will be getting results back today on his blood count. My question is, we had sex last night and the condom broke, as soon as he felt it break he pulled out. He didn't have an orgasm or anything like that. How likely am I to have been exposed. I've been tested twice already and both test came back neg. I will be tested again in 6 weeks for the next three months.

Sorry to hear about your partner's recent diagnosis. As he is recently diagnosed and obviously not yet on antiretroviral medications, it is possible his HIV plasma viral load could be quite high, which would increase the risk of potential HIV transmission. In light of these extenuating circumstances, I would recommend a course of PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis), even though your exposure was presumably brief and there was no ejaculation. Precum does contain HIV and can transmit the infection. Your partner's HIV doctor may well be able to facilitate getting you started on PEP immediately. Don't delay.

Good luck to you both.

LOL!!! You are hilarious! Also donation issue
HIV Prevention-Get Tested