LOL!!! You are hilarious! Also donation issue

Hey Dr. Bob,

I was just reading the archives (as you suggested) and I spewed hot tea all over my computer as I cracked up laughing. You, sir, are f**king hilarious!!!! A few of my favorites are cut/copied below.

I also wanted to thank you for putting a smile on my face for the first time since my diagnosis. I also have been trying to make a donation via credit card on your foundtion's website for a week without any luck. Am I doing something wrong?

Be Well. Stay Well (To quote a very wise man.)

Dexter

Semen Stained Undies

A guy sent me a pair of semen stained underwear in a ziplocked plastic baggie. It took ten days for them to reach me, and when I opened them, the semen stains were crusty but the material appeared to have absorbed the liquid and appeared damp. I deep sniffed the underwear for about five minutes and rubbed my nose --but not my mouth -- against them. About five days later I developed a low-grade recurring fever. What is the likelihood that there was a HIV virus transfer in this incident?

Response from Dr. Frascino:

Gosh, a new use for Ziplock plastic bags! So tell me, did this guy just decide to send you his spunked-up boxers because he didn't know what else to get you for Valentine's Day? Or perhaps they were supposed to be delivered to the dry cleaners next door? Or did you order them as a novelty item to put in the office X-mas gift grab-bag? So, then you deep sniffed the jizzed Calvins for 5 minutes? Really? Now listen pal, I've heard about trying to "Shout" stains out, but never snort them out! On to your question HIV risk? None. Relax and take some deep breaths. (Oh, by the way, you might be able to breath a bit more easily if you stop using those crusty Fruit of the Looms as a gas mask! (By the way I do hope you know I'm only teasing your sexual pastime olfactory pleasure in all of its forms is definitely in the realm of safe sex). One final thought: I would not suggest re-gifting this item at X-mas time.

question about sex Dec 6, 2003

I don't know if you could help me or not. When my boyfriend and are are about to have sex, he all of a sudden goes soft. Not all the time but more often times then I think is normal. It will go hard again and sometimes he can finish but other times he can't. Do you think it's just stress or could it be more serious than that?

That's a little hard (or soft) to tell over the Internet. Try this: Say, "Judy, Carol, Barbra, Liza, and Bette" in very rapid succession. If he answers back, "Garland, Burnett, Streisand, Minnelli, and Midler" equally quickly, then yes, he may have a problem that's more than stress or performance anxiety. Alternatively, have him see his doctor for an evaluation.

question about sex Dec 6, 2003

That's a little hard (or soft) to tell over the Internet. Try this: Say, "Judy, Carol, Barbra, Liza, and Bette" in very rapid succession. If he answers back, "Garland, Burnett, Streisand, Minnelli, and Midler" equally quickly, then yes, he may have a problem that's more than stress or performance anxiety. Alternatively, have him see his doctor for an evaluation. Good luck.

Sex through zipper on pants?

can a guy have sex with you through the zipper on his pants? without unbuttoning them?

What the hell are you talking about? First off, zippers zip and buttons button. Zippers don't unbutton. Next, even if the dude is a pencil-dicked geek, his Mr. Happy just wouldn't fit through a zipped zipper. Right? So tell me, just how small is your boyfriend?

french kissing risk Jun 24, 2005

In trying to assess the risk of acquiring any STD, I've never seen a question put to you in this way, "Knowing what you do, would you engage in french kissing with a stranger?"

I'll need a bit more information than that! Is the stranger hot?

Is using a thong or g-strings safe? Jul 17, 2005

I just wanna know if using g-string, thongs or t-backs safe? does it not irritated the external genitalia?

And umm . . . why would you be asking me? I'm really much more of a briefs or sometimes boxers guy. Are g-strings, thongs and t-backs safe? Hmmm . . . well millions of strippers, desperate housewives, supermodels and closeted homosexual Republican politicians love them. Do they irritate the genitalia? Hmmm . . . I seem to remember an episode of Sex and the City in which Samantha received a pearl thong from one of her lovers. As I recall, while climbing stairs, yes, she found it quite irritating. Are they safe HIV-wise? That all depends on what happens if and when they come off. Stay well. By the way, are you a future supermodel or closeted homosexual Republican politician?

body piercings Jul 21, 2005

what are the pros and cons about getting your tongue pierced?

Pros: Some folks find them a turn-on. Cons: OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! OUCH!!!!!!

anemic? Jul 6, 2004

Tired, exhausted, or anemic???Which am I????????? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ummm, I really don't know. Am I supposed to guess, or perhaps instead of this forum, you were trying to reach the psychic hotline?

Regarding anemia, the diagnosis is really quite simple a simple blood test called hemoglobin will give you the answer. If your hemoglobin level is less than the lower limit of normal, you're anemic. For men, the lower limit is 14 g/dL (12 g/dL for women). So look at your blood test results and then you can tell me if you're anemic or not, OK? I'll take it from there, discussing potential causes for anemia as well as treatment options, like Procrit.

Now regarding tired versus exhausted, I'll once again quote an old Chinese proverb. Confucius say: Man who run behind car get exhausted but man who run in front of car get tired.

Stay well.

Does masturbation lead to baldness Aug 26, 2005

Does maturbation lead to baldness?

No, Rogaine-Failure, your chrome dome is not a consequence of burping the nephew!

Hey Dexter,

Interesting set of favorite Dr. Bobisms! You have a very twisted sense of humor! I like that in a man! (or woman for that matter.)

Sorry about the tea-soaked electronics.

Regarding credit card donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, yes, our foundation's Web site credit card donation function was down for a week or so, as our Web hosts and designers made a few improvements to our site. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your persistence in trying to make a gift to help others in desperate need. As of today, the credit card donation function is once again operational and ready, willing and able to accept your tax-deductible donations. And Dexter, due to your patience and persistence in trying to make your donation, I promise to send you something in your thank-you acknowledgement letter that I hope will encourage additional smiling -- and perhaps further hot-tea spewing!!! (I'm not sure if it could be considered wise or wise-assed, but I think with your twisted sense of humor you'll appreciate it.)

Be well. Stay well.

THANK YOU...you opended my mind (HIV TRANSMISSION, CASUAL CONTACT)
condom break 1