Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

mut-mating. haha.
Oct 23, 2007

Dr. Bob! Hello. I wrote you the other day about "mut mating" (instead of mutual masturbation). haha. I'm sorry about the title (but hope it was good for a laugh)! Thanks so much for encouraging me to go get the test- I took ora-quick and it came back negative. WOOHOO!

I was curious about how ora-quick works. More specifically, I rubbed it on my own gums, and I wonder how often (if ever) people don't get enough of their cells on the stick in order for the results to be accurate. Just curious.

Again, thank you for everything you do (i've just sent some money your way) and take care. You are the greatest.

Also, I don't know if you're near those fires in California, but I hope you and your home are safe from the flames.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Mut Mater,

The test is fool proof. If it's not done properly, the "control" line doesn't develop and the test is invalidated.

WOO-HOO! Your negative OraQuick results are conclusive!

Thanks for your kind donation to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation! (www.concertedeffort.org) Your one gift will touch many lives in desperate need, helping to turn hopelessness into hope.

Dr. Bob

mut mat and cuts Oct 18, 2007

Dr. Frascino, I just wanted to write you tonight and say thank you for all you do. I've been reading through your archives concerning my situation, and, although it doesn't make me feel very confident in a neg hiv test, I'm just amazed at what you do.

Specifically, I had a mut mat experience with someone about a year ago (the ONLY "unsafe" experience I've had). I definately had a pretty recent cut on my finger (index, front, below the knuckle) and he definately came on my hand. I know from reading your articles that there is risk of transmission and I'm absolutetly terrified. I actually had a test scheduled for today but skipped - partly out of fear but more because my boyfriend's best friend is getting married in a few weeks and, if the test came out positive, I don't want to ruin this for him. so i'm waiting. Terrified (and drinking), but waiting. Any comments of course are appreciated, but more then that, I really just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate you and everyone else who spends their lives trying to improve others'.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

A "mut mat experience???" I initially thought this was going to be another one of those I-had-sex-with-my-dog posts, but I'm now assuming the "he" who came on your hand was not Rin Tin Tin and that "mut mat" refers to a mutual masturbation experience rather than a night of mating with your mutt.

You stated your reading of the archives did not leave you very confident about getting a negative test. I, on the other hand, would have come to exactly the opposite conclusion. Mutual masturbation is not considered to be an HIV-transmission risk. Unless the "pretty recent cut" on your knuckle was actively bleeding and an adequate amount of HIV-infected spunk was able to get into that exact spot, I would advise your fears are unwarranted. Why waste time drinking and being terrified when the chances you did not contract HIV from mut-mating remain astronomically in your favor? The boyfriend's best friend's wedding excuse for not getting tested is really lame. Go and get a rapid HIV test now. You'll be WOO-HOOing within 20 minutes! And then you'll be able to have a great time at the wedding. Instead of drinking to assuage your fears, you could be toasting your good health! Stop procrastinating and get tested. You'll be glad you did.

Dr. Bob

Previous
In Need of Your Sage Advice
Next
OLD FARTS

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.