I use the same bathroom as an HIV infected person

My room-mate, (let's call him JUNKMAN) is HIV +. While I can assure you that I am quite straight, I am extremely concerned about getting HIV from either the toilet seat or the shower. I'm not being paranoid, it's just this guy is flamboyantly gay...(or bi, he claims he's not )& I really question what he's doing in the bathroom (with a certain amount of disgust), he's also very dirty, clothes all over, dirty mixed with clean, moldy foodstuffs & is generally very disorganized & a slob.

Thanks for any answers

Dude,

You two sound like Felix and Oscar (The Odd Couple)! Even if you're straight as a lawn dart and Junkman is gay enough to bottom for Liberace, the only way you are going to contract his HIV infection using the same bathroom is if you decide to have unsafe sex with Junkman.

HIV is not transmitted by casual contact, dirty clothes, moldy foodstuffs or gay roommates, no matter how flamboyant or disorganized and slovenly they may be, OK? Take a read through the archives to learn more about how HIV is and is not transmitted. Then Netflix "The Odd Couple" to learn more about how to deal with your "Oscar."

Possible Occupational Exposure?
Re: BOB URGENT!!!!