Dou Hiv antibody/p24 antigen test
Oct 19, 2007
Dear Dr Bob, thank you for your selfless work. I had an unprotected sexual encounter with someone of unknown status 7 weeks ago.I am desperate for some peace of mind.I want to take the HIV antibody/p24 antigen Duo Test,next week and would desperately like your opinion on whether this would be conclusive if negative.if you have the time i would greatly appreciate your reply.thanks. Tony
Response from Dr. Frascino
HIV-antibody tests taken prior to the three-month mark are not considered to be definitive or conclusive. You'll have to hold tight until then for a conclusive test result. I'll send my good-luck karma that your definitive three-month test is negative.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Deadliest Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Do Condoms Prevent Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.