HBV false positive

Dr Bob. Thanks very much for answering my e-mail last week. Im the hygienist who had a patient that told me, he had an infected blood then I went to get tested (after a week) and my test for HBV came positive, but I found out after another test and worried and going crazy that it was a false positive, the Dr gave me the HBV vaccine the day before. I felt better for a little while, but then I started to feel body aches, and now tingling in my right leg and arm Sometimes hot at night, 99f temperature. And also a lot of anxiety thinking in the possibility of being infected with HIV. When I went to see the Dr first time she told me not to worry about it, my risk was really minimal. Then when she told me I was HBV positive she told me that I really need to be tested for HIV. And if I knew the patient and to get him tested. I dont know the patient and I dont know where he is at. Like I told you I didnt felt any splashes and I dont have any cuts at the time.(he was bleeding from his gums) Its been 4 weeks since the incident with the patient. I was feeling better about this 3 weeks ago reading your archives and laughing with your answers. But then the Dr with the false positive and her comments about that I could be infected really increased my level of anxiety Im currently taking Buspirone (anxiety)and Ambien (to sleep). And probably seeing a psychologist to deal with this anxiety. Dr God bless you for all you do for a lots and lots of people .

Hello Anxious Hygienist,

Your problem is psychological (anxiety), not virological (HIV)! A single rapid HIV test at the three-month mark may well be the most effective and efficient way for you to put your unwarranted worries permanently to rest. In the interim seeing a psychologist would indeed be worthwhile.

Dr. Bob please i am on my knees begging you
Dou Hiv antibody/p24 antigen test