weird how body can mimic symptoms

I find it fascinating how when one thinks they have HIV their body sort of follows suit and seems to mimic the symptoms you are worried you have.

I cant tell you how many times I imagined having swollen glands just to be told it was a expanded saliva gland, or just a normal enlagement.

or how I misjudged what exactly a night sweat was. turns out I was really just so stressed out lying in bed at night thinking about possibly being positive and flushed with being scared I was sweating all right, but not an HIV related sweat.

you start feeling bumps and things. your mind runs wild.it seems so sure you;ve got it. I was feeling all these lumps in my body just to find out later they were soemthing called fatty lipids or somethin.

I guess what I just want to say, is get tested, but realize, your body in tandem with your mind has the ability to give you what you fear on a silver platter.

but take a step back and use this as a wake up call to change what your mind is subconciously telling you is risky behaviour. or in my case, a sort of irrational fear for no rational reason.

Psychosomatic symptoms induced by anxiety and fear are actually extremely common. Just browse through the extensive archives of this forum for at least a gazillion examples.

Your advice is spot on target. Testing is really the only option for folks who feel they've placed themselves at risk for HIV.

How Can I Give Back?
Tear gas and Elisa test?